New Multimedia and Other Features for Chevrolet Silverado in 2018
Silverado is a well-known model line of full-size pickup trucks by General Motors Chevrolet subdivision, having produced for many years. The model line consist of standard 1500 model and two heavy-duty models - 2500HD and 3500HD.
The Silverado features a wide variety of configurations – 1500 model has regular cab with two boxes type, double cab with standard box, and crew cab with two boxes types; 2500 model features regular cab with long box, double cab with two types of boxes, crew cab with two types of boxes. 3500 features regular and double cab with long boxes, crew cab with standard or long box.
Changes for 2018 Chevy Silverado
Main changes of Silverado models consist of configuration levels and other minor features.
- Two colors was replaced (Siren Red and Pepperdust) by Cajun Red and Havana;
- Rear view camera is now standard in all models
- LS convenience package is no longer available
- Regular Cab models received 6-speaker sound system with 7-inch screen instead of 4-speaker 4.2-inch on work truck trim level
- Satellite radio is not available in Custom Convenience package.
- Z71 get new black mesh grille with chrome insert, as well as redesigned side decals
- High Country trim level get redesigned grille
- Tire Pressure monitoring system received tire fill alert function.
Chevrolet Silverado 2018 Specs
The overall Silverado concept is not changed – full-size pickup truck is made on good old GMT K2 platform, same as many other SUVs and trucks - Tahoe, Suburban, Cadillac Escalade, GMC Yukon and GMC Sierra.
As a engine range, Silverado come up with V6 and V8 engines only, of EcoTec3 family, consist of 4.3, 5.3, and 6.2 engines with cylinder deactivation features and VVT.
- LV3 4.3L V6 produce 285 HP and 305 ft-lb
- L83 5.3L V8 produce 355 HP and 383 ft-lb
- L86 6.2L V8 produce 420 HP and 460 ft-lb
First two engines mate with 6-speed automatic, while the top-end 6.2L V8 aggregated with 8-speed automatic.
We cannot say much about the 2018 Silverado design, it is brutal, hardcore, without smooth lines. Nevertheless, it is aerodynamic, it has a wide range of pickup cabins, remote tailgate opening for higher trims.
The interior is a bit old-fashioned, with the same shift lever on a steering column, big air vents. 2018 model year Silverado features bigger screen for multimedia in basic trim levels, so at least it looks a bit more modern.
Traditionally, Silverado comes with 40/20/20 split bench seat or bucket seats in a higher trims.
Trim Levels and Pricing
2018 Silverado comes in 8 trim levels: WT, LS, Custom, LT, LTZ, High Country, LT Z71, LTZ Z71. Let’s see what features provide each of it and for what price:
- WT, or Work Truck, has air-conditioning, 7-inch multimedia, cruise control, power locks, rear-view camera and tire pressure monitor. Starting from $28,085.
- LS will cost you $30,110 and you could get keyless entry, heated side mirrors, remote locking tailgate, Apple Car Play and Android Auto support for multimedia.
- Custom for $33,945 adds mainly a design features, like body-painted grille and headlights bezel, 20-inch chrome rims. It is also available with Double Cab and Crew Cab.
- LT for $34,310 is a main upgrade to LS, features 17-inch alloy wheels, 8-inch touchscreen multimedia with HD Radio support, lower tailgate, leather-wrapped steering wheel with controls button.
- LTZ is a something of premium pickup truck already. It comes with initial V8 engine, 18-inch rims, LED headlights and fog lamps, more chrome in trimming. IN the interior it has dual-zone climate, heated front are rear seats, 110V power outlet. It starts with $42,040.
- High Country adds 20-inch rims, chrome grille, 12-way power seats, multimedia with navigation, lane keeping assist, forward collision warning, front and rear parking sensors, automatic headlights. It goes for $51,800.
- LT Z71 is a special package for LT, adding locking rear differential from Eaton for 4x4 modification only, and a appearance package include 18-inch rims, LED foglights, all-terrain tires. It starts with $39,730.
- The same story with LTZ Z71, it features all equipment of LTZ plus appearance package and off-road setup. It goes for $46,630.