2017 BMW 7 Series Sets New Standards for Luxurious Sedans
BMW 7 G11/G12 of 2016/2017 which are equipped with a wheelbase of 3070 mm are the 6th generation of the sedan from the BMW car maker. The official presentation was on October 6, 2015. The opening worldwide presentation is set on 2015 at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Now the sedan is ready to reveal details about specifications and engine, price and release date but first things first. The main rival for the car is Jaguar XJ and Lexus LS.
2017 BMW 7 Series Redesign
The new design promises to be evolutionary. The car frame is totally altered. What’s more, completely new headlights borrowed from BMW X5 are used. They are slightly flattened while the grill is widened. The taillights are stretched and chromed. Bumper is also modified. The doors are outlined with original metal trim which is positioned on the front wings. The new sedan looks very compact and light, so hardly can you believe that it is 5-meter longer now.
2017 BMW 7 Series Interior
The interior has also evolved and has been technically updated. The quality of materials used has been improved dramatically. The car is equipped with the brand new steering wheel, 3D electric panel and cutting edge head-up display.
The main console has been changed as well as the doors. New iDrive multimedia provides you with numerous opportunities, streamlined interface and a touch screen which recognizes gestures. A car parking system included which makes the parking process easier without even driver’s assistance.
2017 BMW 7 Series Parameters
Length: 5.098 mm;
Width: 1.902 mm;
Height: 1.478 mm;
Front track: 7 mm;
Rear track: 4 mm.
The model uses light materials such as plastics, fiber and carbon fiber. Owing to this the car has lost 130 kg.
The roof and doors are made of aluminum while central tunnel and racks are made of composites material.
2017 BMW 7 Series Specifications
The car is based on a completely new platform. The basic model offers full controlled chassis improving the maneuverability. It is possible due to the fact that the rear wheels turn in the opposite direction.
The car is offered with a new electric power steering and improved aerodynamics. It is achieved through smooth bottom, rear view mirrors and adjustable radiator.
Another novelty is the presence of the ExecutiveDrivePro suppression system which operates on vehicles with air suspension. The system can prognose the road surface and conditions getting the information from the stereoscopic camera and navigation system just like a Rolls Royce.
2017 BMW 7 Series Video
2017 BMW 7 Series Engine
The upcoming Series is going to be offered with the following types of engine.
- 730i model is equipped with the 2.0 liter turbo engine producing 260 horsepower.
- 740i model is equipped with the 3.0 liter engine producing 326-horsepower.
- 750i model is equipped with 4.4 liter engine producing 450 horses.
- 730d model is equipped with diesel 3.0 liter engine producing 265 horsepower. The engine makes it possible to accelerate to a hundred kilometers per hour within 5.8 seconds. 740i model can do the same in 5.5 seconds while 750i in 4.4 seconds.
- 740e model is equipped with a hybrid engine which is 2.0 liter, with 4 cylinders and electric motor with Li-ion batteries. The power is 326 hp, fuel consumption is 2.1 liters.
- The top model is promised to come with 6.6 liter engine which produces 600 horsepower. However this information is unconfirmed yet.
2017 BMW 7 Series Features
Sales of the 2017 7 Series start in Europe on autumn 2016. The series is promised to come with numerous features. The most interesting of them are
- The roof with 6 lighting options and panoramic view;
- Climate system with function of ionization;
- Night vision system;
- Infotainment system.
M-package will be also available. This package makes it possible to order a car with designer rims, aggressive bumpers, sport accessories, interior variations and unusual variants of colouring.